Christmas is the party season and this gorgeous braided updo is perfect for your next night out. Inspired by this tutorial from Lilith Moon, ( I recreated her dutch braided upstyle.
Braids work best in hair that has some texture. So if you’ve just washed your hair don’t blow dry it too well, or use a dry shampoo to add some texture. This hairstyle is perfect for second day hair.
Here’s how to get the look:
- Brush your hair to remove all knots.
- Take a section at the top left and divide into three parts.
- Dutch braid (also called inside out braid) – bring the left under the middle, then the right under the middle, and keep repeating.
- Add in sections of hair from each side as you braid.
- Angle your braid diagonally across your head.
- Keep braiding to the end and secure with a hair band.
- Loosen the braid by pulling gently to make it look bigger.
- Twist the end of the braid around to create a flat bun and pin in place.
If your hair is very long, you can finish this hairstyle in a side ponytail or braided bun.
Hope you have fun with your hair this holiday season!
Will you try this braided upstyle?
About Hair Romance: Christina is the hair behind Hair Romance ( Christina met her husband and her hairdresser in the same street and there began her two romances. She writes about her love for all things hair at Hair Romance – styling tips, tricks, trends and more – because your hair is your best accessory.
Follow Christina on Twitter and check her out on Facebook too!
Leave a Reply