Hello everyone! This is Jenny Strebe from The Confessions of a Hairstylist and I am here to show you how to fake a longer ponytail. This simple tutorial is perfect for those ladies that have mid-length or long hair that want to rock a seriously dramatic ponytail without the use of extensions. Follow these quick steps to learn just how easy it is to make your ponytail look longer!
1. Start with clean dry hair. It doesn’t matter if your hair is curly or straight.
2. Take a U-shaped section of hair from your nape to your crown. Make sure you grab enough hair to hide the second ponytail that will be underneath it.
3. Clip that top section away for later.
4. Create your first ponytail with the bottom section you left out and secure it with an elastic.
5. Then, create your second ponytail with the top section at the crown area. Secure with an elastic.
6. Spread that ponytail out a bit to mesh with your ‘longer’ ponytail on the bottom.
Watch The Video:
There you have it! Now you know how to make your ponytail look longer than it actually is, and how to get it that way FAST. For even more great hair tips and tutorials, subscribe to my YouTube channel and visit me at The Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Leave a Reply