Hello there! My name is Jenny Strebe from Confessions of a Hairstylist, and I am here to show you how to create one of the easiest updos ever. If you can create a simple three-strand braid, then you can master the low braided bun!
This updo is perfect for those days you are in a hurry and don’t have a lot of time to style your hair. It’s also a great look for second or third-day hair! Spring and summer are all about textured hairstyles that show off your natural beauty. So ditch the slicked back, uptight updos this season and opt for something simple yet elegant like this low braided bun. Let’s get started!
What You Need:
– Two elastics
– Two to three bobby pins
– Your favorite medium hold hairspray
How to Create the Low Braided Bun:
1. Start with dry hair. It can be straight, curly or wavy.
2. Gather all of your hair back and secure it at the nape of the neck with an elastic.
3. Create a really loose, three-strand braid with the ponytail and secure the end of the braid with an elastic.
4. Here’s the fun part! It’s time to rough up the braid. Spray a little bit of hairspray on your braid, then gently massage the sections of the braid out to fatten it up a bit. This creates a gorgeous textured braid and the perfect base for your bun.
5. Now wrap the braid around the first elastic you used to secure your ponytail to create a bun.
6. Secure your bun with bobby pins and spray all over with a medium hold hairspray.
Watch The Video:
Now you’ve officially mastered the low braided bun, AKA the easiest updo ever! For even more easy and creative hair tutorials, come visit me at Confessions of a Hairstylist and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Leave a Reply