#1: Polished Princess
Some princess hairstyles are simple and glam, just like this one.
#2: Braided Princess
These lovely side braids flow from the front crown towards the back into a low twisted updo. Perfect for any formal event!
#3: Princess Aurora
This princess hairstyle shows texture, shows off length, but still has a lot of detail. It’s “half up” but still has a lot of fullness and detail.
Your hair has to be very long and has to have long layers so that nothing sticks out of the ponytail. It’s a beautiful way to show off your length, is simple from the front, but has a lot of romantic detail in the back.
#4: Crowning Glory
What I love about this princess style is the versatility of being able to manipulate it as the event progresses.
Go for a romantic, soft yet natural look to accompany your personality. You can wear it for a glamorous evening princess hair style, or with slight changes, it could also be a day style.
Any hair type and length can have hairstyles for crowns. From a shoulder-length to long hair, it will look different for every woman. Blow-dry the hair smoothly first and add some volume to the top section. You can add some Keune mousse to get very silky hair and to help with the hold.
For this princess hair, Babyliss Pro 25mm curling tong was used, as well as the Kuene hairspray. The Kuene volumizing powder also helps to gain volume in the front section.
Never spray the hairspray too close to the hair, as it will make the hair wet and will form frizzy curls. Always spray away from the hair and in small bursts. Spray, let dry, then spray again.
#5: Belle of the Ball
This princess hairdo as soft, loose and romantic.
Consider your hair type and length before going for princess hairstyles. You may want some extensions to add length and “bulk” to the bun. If your hair tends to be coarse, you may want to blow dry smooth first using some oil and/or smoothing balm before curling with a curling iron.
#6: Royal Waves Hairstyle
These princess tresses are a very soft and wearable Hollywood wave, which can be adjusted to suit every hair type and face shape. When creating this style on brides, an instant wow factor is created.
Hair preparation is key to this princess hairstyle. Start with a good blow dry, then pin curl your hair and allow it to set for as long as you can.
Also, consider a slightly stronger side part than you may normally wear for a more striking finished princess haircut.
If your hair is fine to medium, or you need more length, then add hair extensions, as they add volume, which creates a much more defined and glamorous curl.
Create a beautiful shine by running through a couple of drops of Moroccan oil at the end.
#7: Tiara of Twists Princess Hairstyle
This half up, half down princess hairstyle is wispy and romantic. This princess hair cut can work for any hair texture and for most hair lengths. This style can work for any hair texture as long as you use the right products. Women with fine hair should use a texture spray to help apply grit to the hair. A good working hairspray will give it hold without being too heavy. It’s best to curl your hair prior to starting the updo. Curl the entire head, away from the face. That makes it easier to work with!
#8: Boho Bubble Braid for a Princess
This princess hair is a boho bubble braid. These princess braids are simple to style. If you’re going for royal hairstyles like this, don’t worry about getting it perfect. It’s a messy style, and there’s beauty in imperfection. Embrace the messy undone vibe.
#9: Soft & Undone Princess Curls
These princess curls are soft, textured, and undone, yet very versatile as it can be dressed up or worn more casually.
There is so much going on and flowing throughout the princess hairstyle.
This royal hairstyle would suit a woman with a youthful style. It’s very undone and effortless looking with no harsh lines or shapes. It’s a very soft and feminine cut.
Use a texturizing spray to add a more workable matte and undone texture, and finish with a light hairspray to finish and hold. This style would look great for a ball or wedding, however can be dressed down for a gig or party by adding cool hair accessories.
#10: Modern Elegance Princess Hairstyle
This princess hairstyle is modern elegance. By keeping the hair lower and adding a braid, it gives an elegant and vintage vibe, while the details and structure make it feel more modern.
The French braid flowing into the updo is sexy! Whenever a woman looks at this photo, the first thing they comment on is the braid. Adding braids into any hairstyle can really change the look and focus of the hair!
When it comes to hairstyles for a princess, long hair is not required. Prep the hair by creating loose curls, then use a light hairspray and a little bit of dry shampoo to add texture. The woven detailing does look daunting, but it really wasn’t that difficult. It’s simply just twisting and overlapping pieces of hair.
#11: Romantic & Fun for Royal Princesses
This hairstyle is for royal princesses looking for something romantic and fun.This style was secure and could last all night while still looking effortless.
This style is versatile and can be customized to your preference. The key to recreating this style is Davines Medium Hairspray. It gives the hold you need while keeping a soft and touchable style.
#12: Tousled Bohemian Goddess Hair
This princess-inspired hairstyle is a tousled bohemian goddess! It’s structured yet undone all at the same time. The fishtail braid is really what makes the style stand out and capture your attention.
Extensions are a must for fairy hairstyles like this! Not only are they great for added the extra length needed for this style, but they also give more volume to the braid itself. Clip-in extensions work well for styles like this!
Use a texture spray like Kenra Dry Texture Spray, and a working hairspray like Sexy Hair Spray and Play. To secure the style, you will need a couple of bobby pins and a clear elastic.
#13: Versatile Crown Braid Princess Hair
Princess hairstyles with crown accessories can be dressed up for a wedding or worn to Sunday brunch. I love crown braids for their versatility! This braid, in particular, has a lived-in feel to it that makes it a little more modern.
Products are definitely key to making this happen. A texture spray like Kevin Murphy Bedroom.Hair gives the hair some grip to hold the braid. Spray it into dry hair before braiding! Next, sprinkle with some Powder.Puff and loosen the braid from the outer edges to expand. Finish with a holding spray like Oribe Superfine.
This style is great for all hair types and works especially well for wavy-haired gals. As long as you have hair long enough to braid, you’re good to go!
#14: Bohemian Princess Chic Braids
This princess hairstyle is bohemian chic. You can wear it as a fancy updo and dress it up for an event, or wear it to a simple brunch with the girls!
Use a combo of three different braids and fan them all out to create more of an effortless/boho vibe. Then use a light hold hairspray such as Redken products!
This princess hairdo is ideal for women with medium to thick textured hair. Any face shape works with this style, too.
#15: Braided Crown Princess Hairstyle
This princess hairdo is fun and girly! It’s a beautiful step up from just pinning or clipping your hair back. The style is very customizable to personal preferences, like how much hair you decide to pin back or what kind of braid you decide to add-in.
This hairstyle can be dressed up or dressed down. It feels fancy, but it’s still casual as it is not a complete updo.
All you need for this princess ‘do is a texture spray! It gives the hair some hold and grit because hair that is too soft will not hold a style as well. If you want to pull out or pancake the braids to make it look more voluminous, a texture spray is a lifesaver.
A tip for hiding bobby pins is to lift one loop of the braid and weave the bobby pin underneath the hair, going into the braid. Pinning into the center of the braid rather than where it ends secures it better.
It’s super easy to do and only takes a few minutes. Whether you’re running around doing errands or you’re attending a special event, I think this braided crown is practical and pretty for all women!
#16: Princess Snow White Hair
You know who she is! She is the fairest of them all, Snow White. Even a short hairstyle can be impactful and tell a story without much help.
Even though this specific princess style shown is a wig, this Snow White hair can be achieved on your real hair. This type of style was how everyday women wore their hair back in the ’20s and ’30s.
If you look at a lot of “princess” styles most of the styling is focused on the hair around the face, drawing you into that character. The really cool thing about pin curl sets like this is that this style will last for several days which makes it even more worth it. Oh and lots of hairsprays!
#17: Queen Elsa Braid Hairstyle
Wasn’t the Ice Queen gorgeous when she decided to ‘Let it Go’? This simple and easy braid does not require much but gives a lot, much like the beautiful Queen Elsa.
#18: Princess Belle Updo
A smart girl knows that you do not have to forego looking pretty while doing all other stuff. Belle definitely kept her composure the entire time and still came out looking like a queen.
#19: Princess Jasmine Bubble Braid
The bubble braid is a fun style when you want something eye-catching but at the same time something quick and easy. You don’t need any braiding skills – all you need to know is how to create ponytails and then you’re ready to rock this hairdo. Even though it’s easy, it comes with several options to be creative. You can do it as a french braid like here, and you can create the bubbles in a ponytail.
This style is really easy and you don’t need to know how to braid but there is one thing that can be good to keep in mind. For this style, your hair needs a texture for the bubbles to hold, so it’s perfect to do the last days before the next wash.
If you want to do it on freshly washed hair, spray some dry shampoo before doing the bubbles and you will get the texture you need. Use some hairspray when you are done and this style will last the whole day. It really is perfect when you want to rock a nice hairdo in the gym or just feel like a princess in the city.
#20 The Enchanted Forest Princess Hairstyle
How to Style:
- Work styling mousse through towel dried hair.
- Part hair down the middle.
- Blow dry, using fingers to tousle as you work your way through the hair.
- Create a braid along the hairline on each side of your part.
- Secure the ends of the braids together at the back of the head. The braids give the hairstyle a “crown” effect.
- Loosen the edges of the braids a bit to give it a slightly messy and natural look.
- Have fun with texture! Use a curling iron, crimping iron, deep waver, or your other favorite hot texture tool to add movement to the mid-lengths and ends.
- Finish with a medium hold hairspray.
Ulta stores carry the Bed Head Totally Bent 2-Inch Crimper and the Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver, both of which would work perfectly for this style!
#21 The Star Wars Princess Leia Hairstyle
How to Style:
- Work a pea-sized amount of styling cream through mid-lengths and ends of dry hair.
- Part hair down the middle from front hairline to back of the neck.
- Gather hair on each side into a pigtails and secure each with a clear elastic.
- Braid each pigtail and secure ends with another clear elastic.
- Wrap each braid around the base near your head. Tuck ends under the bun and secure with a bobby pin or two.
- Smooth fly aways with medium hold hairspray.
- Add a royal touch by accessorizing with a headpiece.
A great styling cream for keeping fly aways at bay is Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme.
#22 Pretty Princess Fishtail Braids
A modest pompadour style is combined with a loosely texturized braid for this fairytale twist on two classic hairstyles.
How to Style:
- Spray root booster through roots of towel dried hair.
- Use a blow dryer on medium heat to blow dry hair completely. Use fingers to lift hair at the roots to add volume as you blow dry.
- Gather hair an inch away from your front hairline. Tease the hair near the roots. Separate into several sections to make teasing easier.
- Smooth hair along the hairline back and over the teased sections, creating a small pompadour in the entire crown area. Secure with bobby pins.
- Create a French braid through the rest of your hair. Secure ends with a clear elastic or one that matches your hair color.
- Loosen the French braid quite a bit near the top and just a little through its tail. This will give the braid the “lived-in” feel.
- Finish with a medium or high hold hairspray.
Try Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus, which is a humidity-resistant volumizing spray mousse that volumizes by pumping up the root.
#23 The Fairy Princess Hairstyle
How to Style:
- Work styling cream through towel dried hair.
- Part hair down the middle or slightly to one side.
- Use a paddle brush to smooth hair as you blow dry. Make sure hair is completely dry.
- Use a 1-inch barrel curling iron to create curls throughout your hair. Spray each section with heat setting spray before you curl. Curls should be wound around the iron so that they point away from the face. This ensures you get a “sexy, romantic” look rather than a “school girl” feel.
- Finish hairstyle with a medium hold hairspray to lock curls in place.
- Accessorize with your favorite pearl, crystal, or delicate flower headpiece.
Lock in your regal hairstyles with Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME Glorious Hold Hairspray.
#24 The Red Down Do for a Princess
Side-swept fringe and cascading curls keep this all-over dark color flowing with texture.
How to Style:
- Work styling cream through towel dried hair.
- Part hair to one side.
- Use a medium-sized paddle brush to smooth fringe forward as you blow dry. Gently sweep fringe to one side when dry.
- Use fingers to tousle the rest of your hair as you blow dry.
- Add curls with a ¾- or 1-inch barrel curling iron. Spray each section with heat setting spray to protect from the heat before curling.
- Gather hair from ear to ear up into a half updo. Secure in place with bobby pins that match your hair color.
- FInish with medium or high hold hairspray.
Paul Mitchell Super Clean Spray adds fullness, texture, and flexible hold.
#25: The Flower Princess Hairstyle
This braid flows into a loose style and is complemented beautifully with pieces of flowers.
How to Style:
- Spray dry hair with dry shampoo and flexible hold hairspray to give it a bit of grip.
- Create a two or three-inch section of hair from above one ear, across your forehead and down the front of the other side. Create an exterior braid in this section along your hairline. Make thick sections so the braid stays big. Instead of placing side sections over the middle as you do in a French braid, this time you will place side sections under the middle.
- As you near the bottom of your ear, add hair from the back of your head as well so that all your hair is incorporated into the braid. Secure the end of the braid with a clear elastic or one that matches your hair color.
- Finish with medium or high hold hairspray.
- Accessorize with a multi-colored crown of flowers.
Leave a Reply