Hi beauties! It’s Carina from CarinaConnelly.com and today I am sharing how I wear a sleek ponytail. This look is perfect for those days that you want to feel ultra polished and want to spend minimal time on your hair. It’s also a great look for date night or weekend brunch with the girls!
The sleek ponytail is easiest to create on freshly blown out hair that is tangle free (check out Melissa’s great tutorial to create the perfect blowout). After you’ve blow dried, follow the steps below to create the perfect sleek ponytail!
How to style:
- Starting with clean and dry hair, gently brush through hair to make sure all tangles are removed.
- Gather hair into a high ponytail.
- Using a comb or your fingers smooth hair into a sleek ponytail.
- Secure hair with an elastic.
- Carefully smooth out any bumps surrounding the ponytail.
- Take a small section of the ponytail from underneath and wrap it around the ponytail holder. Secure ends of hair on the underneath side of the ponytail.
- If any strands are too short to fit into the ponytail, secure hair with a bobby pin and hairspray into place.
- Smooth down any fly aways with hairspray.
Watch the Video:
If you have layered hair, like I do, the easiest way to get all of the layers to look like uniform is to use a large barreled curling iron to bend the ends under. This will help give the illusion that your ponytail is fuller than it really is and it will help keep the pesky short pieces in place.
Another thing I like to do with those shorter pieces is to move them to the underside of the ponytail. When your hair is secured in a ponytail holder, gently rotate them to the underside of the ponytail. The shorter pieces will push the longer pieces up making your ponytail look fuller.
Last, but not least, add some flair to your hair! If you are going to a special event, try using bobby pins adorned with crystals or ponytail holders with embellishments.
Next time you are thinking of rocking an uber stylish sleek ponytail, give this one a try! Join me over at CarinaConnelly.com for more tutorials, product reviews and beauty chit-chat. See you there!
Leave a Reply